Taylorsville UT chiropractors can help you with many of your medical complaints using a variety of tools and techniques. If you don’t know a lot about chiropractors and what they do, you should know that their main goal is to relieve your pain and to restore your range-of-motion so that you can function and enjoy your life. But that’s not all you should know about Taylorsville UT chiropractors and chiropractic treatment. Here are 10 things you should keep in mind about chiropractic and your body:
1. Chiropractic goes beyond treating pain. Pain is simply the end result of months- or even years-long muscular or skeletal dysfunction. When you go to traditional medical doctors, they will prescribe pain killers regardless of whether or not they can diagnose the cause of your pain. Unfortunately, pain killers simply mask a problem that will persist until it’s treated. Chiropractic can treat the root cause of pain.
2. Your bodily functions and malfunctions originate at your spine. Every system in your body is connected through the nerve system that emanates from your spinal cord. When transmission from these nerves to your intestines or your brain or your toes is disrupted because the surrounding spinal column isn’t moving correctly, you can experience problems in places on your body that you may not think have anything to do with your spine.
3. Athletes use chiropractic to perform better. While athletes see chiropractors to treat injuries, they also use chiropractic treatment to prevent injuries because chiropractors are movement specialists. They can also help to speed recovery from an injury and improve balance and coordination.
4. You play an important role in healing. Taylorsville UT chiropractors can only do their jobs; they can’t do yours. If you’ve been treated by a chiropractor, chances are that he’s given you exercises to do or a diet to follow to help maintain a healthy, more functional body. And because many physical ailments that chiropractors treat are the end result of months or years of dysfunction, it’s very easy for you and your body to fall back into the habits that contributed to your problems in the first place.
5. You won’t have to see your chiropractor indefinitely. Even though adjustments and many other chiropractic treatments will make you feel great, you likely won’t want to have to schedule appointments for them for the rest of your life. This is a common myth. Your chiropractor wants to treat the problem you present to him. That can mean a few visits for initial treatments and then occasional visits in the future to check on your condition.
6. Chiropractic adjustments don’t hurt. They just sound like they should. The cracking or popping sound that an adjustment of your neck or back makes is the result of gasses being released from the joint capsule. The anticipation of pain is what causes the most anxiety in new patients; but the adjustment itself is just a quick, direct thrust to a specific spinal bone.
If you’re experiencing chronic pain or difficulty moving, call one of the best Taylorsville UT chiropractors, Camp4 Human Performance at (801) 829-9500 or visit www.camp4chiropractic.com to schedule an appointment. Dr. Laney Nelson and Dr. Tyler Nelson work with all of the athletic programs at BYU – Dr. Laney Nelson has been with BYU since the 1980s and was the first chiropractor to work with their athletes.
taylorsville ut chiropractors
Camp4 Human Performance
1951 West 4700 South Suite 2
Taylorsville, Utah 84129
Photo Credit: ©Depositphotos.com/ decade3d